Book Title: Introduction to Comparative and International Education
Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd
Release Date: 2014-10-23
Author: Jennifer Marshall
Comparative and international education is an increasingly important area of study. This book introduces major themes surrounding globalisation and education, giving you a nuanced understanding of key debates, thinkers and sources of information.
Important theories and research exploring how globalisation has influenced educational practice are critically examined, providing you with an understanding of relevant social, economic, historical and cultural factors. Coverage includes:
- Case studies from around the world raising thought-provoking questions on chapter topics
- How to undertake research using significant secondary sources of comparative international data (including OECD, PISA, TIMMS)
- The relationship between development, education and inequality
- The purpose and role of multicultural and citizenship education
- Gender and education in a global context
This is essential reading for students on undergraduate Education Studies degrees, and for similar courses covering comparative and international education.